At the Phoenix we follow the TEACCH approach which fundamentally responds to the needs of autistic people using the best available approaches and methods known so far.
- A workstation is a visual structure implemented to promote independence
- The child’s work area is clearly organised and labeled and individualised for possession
- It is clear where one activity begins and another ends
- The child works from left to right with the concept of ‘finished’ clearly visible on the right
- The quantity and quality of tasks are appropriate to each student
- The tasks are reflective of targets that have been set and previously taught, at the communication table.
Watch the video’s below to see how you can set up a workstation in your home.